NBA News - Rockets Rookie Jalen Green shoots against the pistons: Did not want to be in Detroit

Jalen Green has distributed a page wire on the Detroit Pistons in an interview. Detroit chose in the draft 2021 Cade Cunningham at number 1, Green went to position 2 to the Rockets. So he seems to be happy.

I wanted to be the No.1-pick. But as far as the location is concerned, I did not want to be in Detroit, said the 19-year-old opposite Yahoo Sports. I felt well well in Houston. It felt like a real home.

His impression of Detroit was significantly more negative: In Detroit I had the feeling that I just would go back to the G-League bubble. And I just came out of the bubble.

Green did not play at the college, but chose the way over the G-League. For the G-League Ignite, he completed 15 games, which took place due to the Coronavirus pandemic in a bubble in Florida. There was obviously little to do away from the basketball arenas, he probably feared in Detroit.

I would not go to the door in Detroit. There are not many things you can do there, Green continued. You only stay in the hall and then go back to your apartment. In front of the draft, Green had completed both in Detroit and Houston workouts at the teams.

Jalen Green: I'll be Rookie of the Year

Ultimately, the pistons for Cade Cunningham decided, Green landed as a Nr.2 pick in the Rockets. The guard is still sure that he is the better player: I feel like I'm the best player in this vintage. I was not elected first, so I'll stop Rookie of the Year.

Articles and videos about the topic * That was close! Drummond rescues son from pool * Experience the NBA live and on retrieval on Dazn. Get your free month now!

In the Summer League, Green convinced in three games in Las Vegas with 20.3 points and 4.3 rebounds at 51.4 percent from the field and 52.6 percent of downtown.

Comments